What's new

cooling fans (1 Viewer)

Tim K

Second Unit
partsexpress.com and radioshack have cooling fans...I don't know how they sound though.

David_Rivshin

Second Unit
There's a number of "silent" (aka quiet) computer fans available, and one should fit your needs. You'll just need a 5 or 12V power supply to run it. Panaflow is often considered to make the quietest, but things like Vantec Stealth fans are more easily available. A temperature controlled fan might be useful as well, depending on your application, but I often find that they are louder than other fans at similar CFM rates.
Check your favorite computer parts website. I've ordered fans from www.bestbyte.net in the past as they had fairly good prices on what I was looking for.
I believe that there's a web forum dedicated to silent PC's, but I can't seem to remember the URL right now. I'm sure a web search would turn something up.

Good luck,
-- Dave

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
You can always buy some 12v computer fans, then use a "Battery Eliminator" with variable voltages to feed them 10,9 volts to slow them down.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks