What's new

Coolest Voice since James Earl Jones (1 Viewer)

Andre Ramirez

Auditioning
KEITH DAVID, he did the voice for Goliath in Gargolyles the animated series. Very cool voice
------------------
Eq. List
---------
Sony STR-DA777ES
Sony CDP-CX-555ES
Sony DVP-C660

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
Have to agree with Andy, Michael Dorn, Worf.
I am also kind of partial to HAL, but of course he predates Darth.
Ever notice how much a man stands out when he has a voice like an announcer. Women always tend to sound good and I can't think of a woman announcer who stands out because of a distinctive positive voice. Usually a woman stands out because of a raspy voice. Demi Moore has a voice as bad as she looks fine. Too bad.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Maybe not coolest, but I like Sherri Stoner's voice. In real life, the woman is good-looking (She did nude in "Reform School Girls" and she was the body model for Ariel in "The Little Mermaid"), but to hear her when she did voices on "Animaniacs", you wouldn't have suspected it at all. Last I heard, she ventured into writing (I know she co-wrote "Casper", a personal favorite of mine...and out come the knives). I hope to hear more from her soon. I also think that Elizabeth Daily has a good voice...not in cartoons, but in real life...and she's cute, too.
Sincerely,
John Kilduff
------------------
"Who makes it happen?"
"I make it happen"-
Sigourney Weaver and Melanie Griffith in "Working Girl"

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I agree about Michael Dorn ("Worf") from ST:TNG.
I also like Hugo Weaving's voice ("Agent Smith" in The Matrix).
"It is a good day to take a poll!" -- Worf, on the HTF :)

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
I'll second Tony Todd from the Candyman movies and also Night of the Living Dead remake and Final Destination. If you haven't heard him, check it out.
------------------
smallhb.jpg

Adrian Jones

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Thank God no one mentioned Don La Fontaine, the man who gives voice to so many movie trailers and now CNN promos. I find his rhythms and inflections monotenous and, finally, almost insufferable.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Keith David gets my vote on the male side of voice work... He is the only other person besides James Earl Jones (we're not worthy) to send chills down my spin with his voice. A shout out also goes to the extremely talented Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill and the rest of the cast of Batman: The Animated Series
On the female side, I nominate Mary McDonald Lewis (Lady Jaye on G.I. Joe and Maven on the aforementioned BTAS) and the I'm-over-50-and-boy-have-I-still-got-it award goes to the alluring Adrienne Barbeau.

Rick Deschaine

Stunt Coordinator
Hands down;
Barry White!
honorable mention to John Lithgow in general and
Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross.
------------------
Why should people go out and pay to see bad movies when they can stay at home and see bad television for nothing? -Sam Goldwyn.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks