What's new

Coolest RC-thingy ever...... (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
That's awesome! I think the last time I wanted to buy a radio controlled anything was when I was 10 years old.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
What happens when you lose the RC connection and it's in the middle of the lake? :D

It does look COOL, but definitely an adult toy, as it may be a bit dangerous (for others) if in the hands of younger kids.

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
Mike lives just East of Fort Worth, but either he, or someone with a very early design was 'flying' one of these on and above Lake Austin just a couple weeks ago. What an amazingly fun toy!

Unfortunately, I think Mike made a critical error in judgment by releasing those videos before he had lined up a manufacturing agreement. The result was a huge outpouring of interest for the product, but excitement turned to disappointment when they discovered no such design was available. Nor did Mike offer any hint as to when it might become available. Since then, several hobbyists as well as some of the larger RC manufacturers have been quickly working on similar designs, some of which have already become available.

Several RC forums already have dedicated threads on the 'Hydro-Foam' and ideas on how to build them. RC Groups already has a long dedicated thread on the subject:

Hydro-Foam build thread

Hangar One Hobbies is already selling kits!
Mike Connally and his Hydro-Foam design may end up as a B-school case study on the importance of keeping a low profile on a newly designed product until you are prepared to sell that design and/or product. I do hope he suceeds and is rewarded for his efforts!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yeah, he's going to be kicking himself if he isn't already. That seems pretty common sense stuff to me, but maybe he's been sniffing those foam rendering fumes too long :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks