What's new

Coolest looking Box/Gift Sets Around... (1 Viewer)

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
These sets are unbelievable. Why are most of these not released in the US? I see about 20 sets I would kill for. What a shame we can not get half of these here in a local retailer.:frowning:

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
I came across this one on an eBay auction just a few minutes ago. This is a German-made collector's case done in the style of the original Star Trek series shuttlecraft Galileo and designed to hold all 10 of the Star Trek feature films. Here's the link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...184397542&rd=1

Sorry I don't have an image for it, but check out the auction, and you'll see what I mean.

guille verdun

Stunt Coordinator
REGION 1 SUCKS!!! WHY THE HELL THE STUDIOS DON'T RELEASE THIS KIND OF BOXES IN THE U.S.??

.. i know ther are a few good ones (LOTR, PEARL HARBOUR, SPIDERMAN, AKIRA) but the rest?

I feel like burning my 220 dvd ''simple editions'' collection!! jeje... hell no... but still this foreign boxes rule!

Good luck everybody!

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
Many questions but here´s some answers.

I don´t think so, not yet anyway. But the french edition is not good, forced subtitles and it´s cropped.

Here´s some more for you:

Humprhey Bogart Collection:

The Godfather:

Monty Python:

Star Trek:

Neverending Story:

Amicus Collection:

Full Metal Jacket:

Perfect Storm:

Vixen Box:

Natural City:

When the Last Sword is Drawn:

Billy Wilder:

Clockwork Orange:

The Saint:

The Ring:

Star Wars (LD):

Hallowen:

The Temptation of Four Colours:

Northern Exposure:

Spawn:

Robocop:

Magnolia:

Il Mare:

Amadeus:

Green Mile:

Blade Runner:

Brazil:

Holy Grail:

Dune:

Fawlty Towers:

Infernal Affairs Trilogy:

Omen Trilogy and Buffy Season 1:

Finding Nemo:

A Better Tomorrow 1-3:

Njal

Grip

Not sure about the Ring set (Korean?), but the Neverending Story is German, and can be bought at places like Amazon.de ; You can use your details from any other Amazon(.com .ca, co.uk, .fr, bot not co.jp) to log on, and you'll find your account there (provided you have one).
If you need help there, either use the online webmail, or write them at [email protected] (all non-English amazons use this email: [email protected](.XX)).

RyanMurdog

Auditioning
does anyone have any info on the ring complete box? Like what it comes with, disc specs that sort of thing. Is the one off of yes asia the exact same as the one pictured on this forum?

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
No, the guy wrote that it only had korean subtitles, so maybe the box on the picture is korean. I don´t have any info about the japanese box.

guille verdun

Stunt Coordinator
is this YESASIA.COM shopping site secure at all? anyone can recomend it (us buyer)? there cool stuff worth buying...

Craig Sherman

Stunt Coordinator
Fun fact: A couple of years ago, still several months before the theatrical release of Verbinski's The Ring, I was in San Diego for the Comic Con. On one of the last days of the show, I saw this box of videotapes on the sidewalk, people taking them randomly now and then. So, I picked up a tape (it was unlabled) and went on with my day. When I got back to LA, I popped it into the VCR, and it was, in fact, what I would discover was the Ring tape! Now, nothing happened to me that week, and I promptly forgot about it.

After coming home from The Ring months later, I found the tape and popped it in, confirming that I did, in fact, have The Ring tape. As soon as it was finished, the phone rang.

It was an old friend from college, that I hadn't heard from in a while. Still, as pleased as I was to hear from her, that was the WORST POSSIBLE TIME for the phone to ring. The scare probably took a few weeks off my life alone.

Anyway, just wanted to share that with y'all.

CS

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Region 2 is getting a box set of all of four Phantasm movies (Anchor Bay), and the packaging is rather unique:

It looks like it's got that Sliders-style foam inside the sphere. To me, that would make it a cool concept, but I'd rather just have four thinpaks or keepcases. Still, I hope Anchor Bay has the rights to release these movies in Region 1. Universal doesn't seem to have any interest in doing anything with Phantasms II and III.

By the way, it's a five-disc set. The contents of the discs can be found here. Commentary on all four movies, and more:

http://www.anchorbay.co.uk/perl/search.pl?CO=ABD4430

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks