What's new

Cool Trek fan trailer..... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
This was shown at a recent convention. It was a 9 1/2 minute trailer to bring back Kirk. It involves all of the shows and uses computer animation and actual footage and voices. If only Paramount had the cahones and motivation. This could be a great story idea.

www.bringbackkirk.com

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Dear god, leave Shatner dead and buried! If they were to campaign for a new series about Avery Brooks coming back from his experience with the prophets to lead Bajor as a political-planet based show, I might buy that ;)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I think it's interesting that these fans put this kind of effort into ti, I just don't think it will go anywhere, and it's not the right concept. Shatner is too old now to reprise his role, and I don't know another way to say it... there just is not a good way to bring back Shatner.

MattGentry

Second Unit
I watched it and, while very nicely done, was a poor plot.

A lot of what happened was basically "Star Trek: The Return" (written by Shatner) with the Borg replaced with the Suliban. Add that to incoherency among the trailer (how does the Enterprise - I think "A" - get to Kirks time? How does he leave the Nexus since he'd already left once and only a shadow of his former self remains?)

Overall, while I love the idea of bringing back Kirk, it would require something better than the story they presented. (And, to be honest, can we just leave Voyager and Enterprise out of the bringing back Kirk movie/show? Please?).

That's all I've got.

Britton

Screenwriter
I thought it was a horrible trailer. 99% of the stuff in it had nothing to do with bringing Kirk back.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I tried to watch it, but I could only get the audio. From what I heard, about 5 minutes worth, it's simply 3 fan boy's fantasy project.

They're just trying to get people excited with the idea of bringing Kirk back. It did sound fairly interesting with some words I'm sure Leonard Nimoy has never spoken before on any Trek incarnation, so it's either something they got Nimoy to do or it's cobbled together from something else. I doubt it's really Nimoy.

I'll have to try to see it though.

Nelson

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Granted, everyone's knocks on it are valid. But, I have to give it too the guys that made it. The idea seems more exciting than what Berman & Braga brought us with the last few Trek movies. Maybe, Trek needs something grand that brings all of the shows together.

True, and maybe they need to get out of their parent's basement ;) But, it was the fans who saved the original show.

Also, by bringing in all 5 casts you get the fans of each of the shows to come see it.

ps-I did like Spock looking at the computer and reading about the Temporal War with a big Top Secret on the screen.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
It sounds awesome! If only the people at Paramount could see what the fans are able to see, then it would be Trek's saving grace. At this point, with the falling ratings from Enterprise hurting the franchise, something is badly needed to save the franchise from oblivion. If it means ousting Rick Berman, so be it. If it means getting someone new to take over and rehaul Star Trek, recruiting new people to overhaul the series, so be it. Granted, this is not the end all, be all answer to the problem, but at the very least it points in the direction that Paramount needs to take.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Wow. My question is, if fans can do something this good, why cant the writers of Enterprise of the last two Trek films??!??!!

I was flipping throught a Starlog magazine at Waldens recently and Walter Keonig had written a story about all of the captains banning together to defeat a Big Bad. Didnt read the whole thing but it was not bad.
It can be done but not by the people writing Trek now!

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Personally, I love the stuff from the folks at Star Trek: New Voyages. Check it out. Writing needs work...but the sets, costumes & CGI are mind-blowing. :) (And I'd watch this over Enterprise any day..)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks