What's new

COOL TRAILER - Tarantino's "KILLSHOT" with Diane Lane, Rourke etc (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I thought Tarantino was just exec producer of this? It's not really "his" film.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Any time the Weinstein's can use his name to shill a project, they will. I see his name in ads for The Protector, which he had jack all to do with. That's not statement on this film...just that his name is used to shill projects he has no actual input on.

The Weinstein's strike again,
Chuck

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
It looks okay, not fantastic though. I see Micky Rourke is still playing Marv...

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
if tarantino's name can get asses in movie theater seats (and tricking audiences into seeing subtitled movies like the protector and hero), I'm all for it.

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
I don't like this "from producer X" stuff. It made sense 70 years ago, but today it's just stupid. It's taking advantage of the audience's lack of knowledge regarding how the system works. It also misrepresents the movie to the audience (Hero is a good example), and can dilute the value of the name. Of course there are rare instances like Jerry, but as for most of the time, give me a break. Sometimes it becomes hilarious- Miramax sold the american "Shall we Dance" by saying "From the studio that brought you Chicago!!" Great, so the audience knows that some of the same CEOs worked on the financial angle. I don't know, it's just a pet peeve of mine, I guess.

Regards,
Nathan

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Don't forget, they did the same thing when they were doing DIMENSION films...

the whole "WES CRAVEN PRESENTS" thing was used for like 10 movies he had nothing to do with. The movie "Wes Craven Presents: They"... he didn't even have a producer credit. He honestly just got some money to let them use his name, ridiculous.

Lions Gate just did it with The Descent. "From the studio that brought you SAW and HOSTEL!"

norrisMc

Stunt Coordinator
I understand all this anti- "Tarantino presents" stuff, but I think the trailer looks pretty good.

Rourke looks intense, the action looks intense and Diane Lane looks... well... gorgeous...

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Hey Martin, just how many alias's do you have??;)

Justin*Smith

Agent
I actually saw this trailer before watching a movie with similar characters(hitmen) today, Lucky Number Slevin. Trailer looked really good, and I've got to say that Slevin was better than I though it would be. Can't wait to see how Killshot turns out.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I've read that it's because of things like the delay of the release of "Killshot" that led Diane Lane to quit making movies. I was looking at her IMDB board, and apparently, she's left the movie business to devote her time to her kids and charitable work. While I wish her the best of luck in that, I hope the break isn't permanent.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

And if it counts for anything, she no longer has a head shot on her IMDB page.

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
I saw this in a test screening sometime last year. The movie was a mess. The two stand outs were Rourke and Gordon-Levitt. Also the director, John Madden, was there in attendance looking mighty worried.

norrisMc

Stunt Coordinator

I heard this as well. So yesterday I called her publicists office. They were very cagey but did (in not so many words) say that she had no interest in continuing an acting career. And yes, her IMDB head shot is gone. I heard she was just so frustrated and disheartened by the whole industry thing and lack of decent roles and recognition. A hope she reconsiders but it doesn't look good to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks