Cool Sub finish

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ronnie Ferrell, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Ronnie Ferrell

Ronnie Ferrell Second Unit

The friend I built the other 122L sealed sub for got around to finishing his. I thought it looked pretty cool and I told him I would post a picture here for all to see.

[​IMG]

He used TiteBond II wood glue to attach the individual wooden tiles to the sub. He did it side at a time. For clamping pressure, he used a 3/4" piece of MDF the size of the sub with a bag of play sand on top.

Now I need to get to it, and finish my "naked" sub...

Ronnie

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Too bad it's not quite 8x8, which would allow for some checkers or chess play on top the sub.

3. Brett DiMichele

Brett DiMichele Producer

4. GaryLP

GaryLP Agent

Man, that would have been so cool if it could have doubled as a chess table. But it look great nevertheless.

5. Ronnie Ferrell

Yeah, the chessboard would have been cool. He has had the tiles for a few years. He was going to use them on a table top but never did.

It really goes well with his other furniture in the room. Everything is natural wood color with a cubistic (literally) influence.

Ronnie

6. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    The only thing about the chess idea is it would be only for looks unless you wanted to pull the sub out of the corner to play chess or checkers.

Looks cool though!

7. GaryLP

GaryLP Agent

Oh yeah...I never thought of that Jeff. Good point!

8. Ronnie Ferrell

Well, it could be like those old football games back in the 70's,the ones with the vibrating football field, plastic players, and the felt footballs. You could set the chess pieces up, turn on LOTR and let the game play itself.

(it would probably work about as well as those POS football games did...[​IMG])

Ronnie

9. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

Very original finish, I like it alot! I think it would be pretty cool to finish the top the same size as a chess board, so you could play chess on it, haha.