What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Warner’s 100th anniversary celebration continues with the 4K release of the Paul Newman classic Cool Hand Luke.

Cool Hand Luke (1967)

Released: 01 Nov 1967
Rated: GP
Runtime: 127 min

Director: Stuart Rosenberg
Genre: Crime, Drama

Cast: Paul Newman, George Kennedy, Strother Martin
Writer(s): Donn Pearce, Frank Pierson, Hal Dresner

Plot: A laid back Southern man is sentenced to two years in a rural prison, but refuses to conform.

IMDB rating: 8.1
MetaScore: 92

Disc Information

Studio: Warner Brothers
Distributed By: N/A
Video Resolution: 2160p HEVC w/HDR

Aspect Ratio: 2.39.1
Audio: English 2.0 DTS-HDMA, Spanish 2.0 DD, French 2.0 DD...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
For a long time I felt Hud was newman at his apex, but after rewatching this film again I changed my mind.The scene between him and the great Jo Van Fleet is some of the greatest acting I ever seen on film

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
For a long time I felt Hud was newman at his apex, but after rewatching this film again I changed my mind.The scene between him and the great Jo Van Fleet is some of the greatest acting I ever seen on film
It would be difficult for me to choose one performance over the other. He was great in both films!

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
Unfortunately the regular Blu-ray did NOT receive an upgrade. Looking at the stills at DVDBeaver the new presentation is cooler than the 2008. I wonder if dialing back red or using a cooler color palette would achieve a similar result?

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
Saw this at the end of '67 or the beginning of '68 on a double bill with Wait Until Dark. Remember their impact and have seen neither since.

Sultanofcinema

Second Unit
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
I saw Hombre with Paul Newman at the Wayne Theatre when it was released and thought he and the film were outstanding. A lot of people also do not acknowledge The Verdict, which I felt was excellent and Newman gave another outstanding performance. Of course, we can't forget his cameo in Mel Brook's Silent Movie!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks