What's new

Cool computer desks? (1 Viewer)

ToddJ

Second Unit
I'm looking to buy a new desk. However, I want one that is modern looking. I do not want one that is wood colored. I want one that is either black, grey, or a futuristic looking metal one....any suggestions? (Unfortunately, I am on a tight budget too.)

ToddJ

Second Unit
Any other suggestions? I know that Circuit City has a cool grey one, but it is a little out of my price range. Has anyone built their own desk?

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I bought a very cool and large V shaped desk at Office Max last year and it has survived two moves. The bottom is black and the top is grey. Best part, I only paid $149 for it.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i also bought my desk at office max. it's similar to this one:
http://www.officemax.com/max/solutio...kOID=536993708
but i couldn't find my exact model. anyway, it's pretty sturdy...although with the glass top i'd be hesitant to put a really big (heavy) monitor on it. (my next monitor is going to be a LCD though, so it's not really an issue.) it's very modern and sleek looking.
metallic silver, powder-coated appearance for the metal. nice frosted greenish-tint for the glass.
they even shipped it to my place for free. cost me about 140 bucks (i think)....

John Watson

Screenwriter
Cool?

I'd look for one thats well designed.

Casters, so you can move it for access.

The first one I got had a 1" thick large panel almost entirely covering the back lower part of the desk - had to use a power saw to cut a big enough opening to let me even see what cables went into which ports.

Inadequate strength - the surface of this one bends - even with a 15" monitor.

The slide-out tray, is it firm? This one jiggles.

I just got a new desk a few months ago, it looks "cool", but its not on casters, and the layout is less than efficient.

I should take my own advice!!

Good luck

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Buzz: I'd like more info on this - where's this thread at? Do you have pictures online somewhere, or instructions on how you went about building it?

I'd love to build a computer desk. I want a full wrap-around unit for my computer room. Something that wraps around the entire room (multiple pieces, of course). My "ideal" desk would have to be custom built. I have too many hair-brained ideas that nothing I could find commercially would be "ideal".

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
one of my roommates just got a corner glass top office max desk....looks like something out of corporate america !

Phil Kim

Stunt Coordinator
I like Crate and Barrel's Studio Desk... clean, modern, and inexpensive ($199).

Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks