What's new

Cookie's Fortune (1 Viewer)

DennisP

Stunt Coordinator
What a great movie. I picked this DVD up at a used place (unopened). I had not seen this movie before and bought it based solely on the cast and the Director (Altman). What a wonderful surprise...the movie is told with a slow lesurely pace and takes some time to develop. If you can stick with it's slow opening you will be rewarded with an entertaining and funny movie. Acting is "top shelf" and the Director's commentary tack is very nice also. Altman doesn't speak continously through the entire movie ..but only adds commentary to set up a scene or explain something. This is in contrast to most other commentaries where the actors or directors babble thoughout and you cannot hear any movie dialog. A person could watch this movie with the director's commentary on and not miss much of the actual movie's speaking parts. This is a wonderful film and can stand up to repeated viewings.:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Allen Hirsch

Supporting Actor
Yes, this is a VERY entertaining film.

Slightly OT, I was surprised to see, in a recent article on Robert Altman, how little both this film and Nashville grossed at the box office, given the acclaim NAshville still garners today (Nashville did only $10M, and Cookie's Fortune was ~$15M, IIRC).

Cookie' Fortune is a sleeper of a movie that is well worth seeing - excellent ensemble acting (as usual for an Altman film), good plot twists in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks