Cookie Problems

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RudyN, Feb 2, 2003.

1. RudyN

RudyN Supporting Actor

Rudy Nunez
    For the past 2 days, whenever I come to the forums, I have to log myself in. I have it set so it is supposed to automatically log me in, and I never log out when I leave. I haven't changed any settings lately, and even checked my Control Panel to make sure all the settings are correct and it continues to happen. Is anyone else having this problem? Any advice for what I should try? Thanks.

Rudy

2. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

Yeah, I'm having the same thing, FWIW.

3. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

I have had a similar problem happen a few times during the last couple of weeks. Except I am usually already logged in when I first come her, but after doing some extensive reading and/or posting, all of a sudden I am logged out, and can't post. I then have to log back in, even though I never actually did click on any logout screen.

4. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    John:

Your problem was related to the fact that you had the "Automatically login" and "Browse the board with cookies" enabled. That will get you timed out. I disabled the "Browse the board with cookies". See if that helps.

Rudy and george:

There is obviously something set on your PC that is removing your cookie. You might check your cookies directory and see if you have more than one copy of a cookie for hometheaterforum.com as they might be competing with each other. If you only have one copy try logging out and then log back in and this will reset your cookie for you. Something might have gotten screwed up with the present cookie that you are using.

Parker

5. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Parker, it just happened to me again. I did not change the settings that you changed for me. One thing I did notice, but like I said I left it alone, since you made that change, links that I've already viewed on prior visits, like title threads and the page numbers for the threads, do not show up red anymore. The red/yellow envelope icon has been owrking properly however.