What's new

Convince me to keep Ghost Recon (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Hey guys, As of right now the only game I have for XBL besides the demos is GR. The game is still in it's original packaging because I'm not sure wheter or not I want to keep it. The problem is that I've never really played a tactical FPS like GR and am more use to the meelee, fragfest type FPS's like Unreal or Goldeneye. Unreal on the X-Box is okay although I could easily see it becoming to fast for me when playing against other people. So given the situation described do you all think I would enjoy GR or should I return it in hopes of getting something else like UC? convince me to keep GR.

Chris_Young

Auditioning
There are 50 missions on the single play mode that you should complete before trying online. GR is my favorite videogame of all time, but it's not for everbody, I guess.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Just return it and wait 3 weeks for Return to Castle Wolfenstein to come out. I don't know if GR is for ou or not, but I'm sure ROTC is right up your alley.

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
I rented GR and didnt care for it. Gameplay was not anywhere near as good as Counter-Strike, and the graphics were not that great.

Rent a copy and see if you like it first.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I sold my copy last week. I enjoyed the single player campaign but I didn't really get into playing it on XBox Live. I played a few times and I just kept getting killed very quickly. It was fun but definately not a must have game for me.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
I love Ghost recon but you might not like it compared to UC or Others like it. It does not strafe fast like those do and the gameplay is a little more realistic (One shot one kill) my freind hates that. I would rent it first and play for a while, but holding out for Wolfenstein is goinng to be your best bet.

JayV

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I enjoy this game a lot, but I wouldn't hang on to it if you're uncertain.

Like Joe and Jeff pointed out, RTCW is due soon, as is the (sort of) new Ghost Recon Island Thunder game. If you still have a hankering for GR, I suspect there will be more people on Island Thunder than the original. Plus, it's at least $10 cheaper.

-j

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I can't wait for Wolfenstein! I had a blast playing it on my computer, it will be so great to kill Nazi's while sitting on my couch.

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
Alright "WarEagle/Paul", what's up with that nasty U of L 81, UK 63 sig file? Geez, I haven't seen anything that ugly since Louisville lost in the second round to Butler.

James Zos

Supporting Actor
I never understood the point of asking people to convince you to keep a game or not keep a game. Didn't you bother to check out a demo or rent the game before buying it? That is the best way to see if you are going to like a game or not. If 100 people tell you to keep the game, it's great, you still might not like it, and if 100 people tell you to get rid of it, it sucks, it could still turn out to be a fun game for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks