Converting Snappers to Keepcases - help?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Corey * C, Sep 29, 2002.

1. Corey * C

Corey * C Extra

I am attempting to convert my Warner/New Line DVD Covers into covers that I can slip into my keepcases, but have encountered some printing problems.

I have visited CD Covers.CC on the net, and downloaded all the covers I need to print. I have also downloaded MediaFACE II, which hase helped me re-size the covers. I have "Brilliant" Gloss photo paper to print them on, but it is 8.5" by 11".

I heard somewhere that 8.3" by 11.7" is the prefered(or only) paper to use when printing your own covers. I can't seem to find any stores that carry that size paper. What should I do?

Any info is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

2. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    I have reasd that if you tape an extension to your good paper it will trick the printer into thinking you are using the legal sized paper and then it will fit perfectly onto your good glossy paper.

3. Matt DeVillier

Matt DeVillier Supporting Actor

you're going to be sorely disappointed if you print out those covers from cdcovers.cc. the resolution and scan quality of 99.9% of the covers there is much lower than is necessary to end up with something resembling the original once printed...

4. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    I prefer to use paper that is long enough, like 8.5 x 14 legal size. It can be hard to find in a good paper, but you can order Epson papers from their web site. They have prices at least as good as most retailers and have free shipping.

5. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    BTW, I personally prefer a good, coated matte paper to a glossy one. When it is in the case, you can't tell it isn't glossy and I find it usually prints better. Let it dry for 24 hours before putting in the case. I have been using Epson Matte Paper Heavyweight. Unfortunately, it doesn't come in 8.5 x 14, but some of their other photo quality papers do. Since I have a wide printer, I use the 11 x 14 size.

6. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

I've been using Epson's 13" x 19" Photo Paper & cutting it to 13" x 8.5". I've been extremely pleased with the results on my Epson C80.