What's new

Converting f-connector to RCA (1 Viewer)

Drew P

Auditioning
I have a TV that the f-connector coax attachment got broken off. Now there's no way to plug an antenna into the TV. It still has 2 sets of RCAs that work. What I'd like to do is attach my cable box to the TV through the RCAs. I do not have a VCR with that TV.

Does anyone know of a Coax to RCA converter? I've seen loads of products that convert from RCA to Coax, but none that do the reverse.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Hi Drew. Welcome to HTF!

Here is your problem:

- The "F" connector accepts Radio Frequency signals from your cable. It runs them through a tuner to pick out channels 2,3,4...

- The RCA connectors - they accept a video signal (Called Composite) and audio. Not RF.

Most CATV decode box's offer both types of outputs: "F" and "RCA". You should be able to just hook up a video cable (with yellow markings) and 2 audio cables (red/white) to the RCA jacks from the CATV box.

If your CATV box does not have these outputs - call your cable company to see if they have a more modern unit.

Your other choice: a VCR. A VCR will take the RF signal, convert it to RCA which you can feed to your Television.

Hope this helps.

Drew P

Auditioning
Thanks for the quick and very comprehensive reply!

The model box that comes with my level of cable only has coax outputs, I'd have to switch to a digital service to get the box with RCAs, which I don't want to do. I was hoping to avoid having to get a vcr for it, but I guess I'll have to.

Thanks for the help, and the welcome. :)

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Your other choice is to haul the TV down to a repair shop and have them solder on a "F" connector to the coax wire that is inside your television. Then you get a barrel-connector with female "F" jacks on each side and use the included nut to attach it to the back of the TV - now you have your CATV coax connector back.

But it's not something I would recommend you do yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks