What's new

Converting Better Cables VGA to component or breakout? (1 Viewer)

Jamie

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 16 foot VGA to VGA Better Cables video cable that I bought roughly a year ago. I wanted to sell it since I changed projectors, but nobody needs it I guess. I really, really, really, hate to see it go for next to nothing, just so that somebody else with the know how can alter it for their own use. I'd like to make it into a component cable or RGB breakout cable instead. Can someone here point me to a site or explain the process involved. I'm not an engineer, but am comfortable with soldering. Thanks.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Jamie,
I don’t know of a site, but I may be able to help you, especially since you can solder. I need to know a few things first:
  • What was the cable previously used for (i.e., between the projector and what)?
  • When you say “VGA,” I assume you mean it has computer-type multi-pin connectors?
  • You say you will convert the cable to component or RGB. Which is it? The consumer-based component standard uses RCA connectors, while RGB is a professional standard that typically uses BNC connectors.
Happy Holidays,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Jamie

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry for the late response, got hit with the flu........urghhh. Anyway, to answer your questions.

This was originally used between a HTPC and projector that accepted a VGA input. I have now since changed my gear all around, and would like to change both ends, currently male VGA, to 3 cable component ( red, blue, green ends, rca)

Thanks Wayne.

PS. I grew up in Coppell, Texas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks