What's new

Converted Car Port Theater (1 Viewer)

Troy Trip

Auditioning
Has anyone seen or have pictures of making a converted car port into a home theater? :confused:

I just purchased a house that had a car port which has been converted to a room off the side of the house. It is the size of a single car garage and a bit longer.

I would like to make this into my home theater. I have a Ultravision Hytachi 57inch HD TV and JVC good stuff receivers etc. and JBL speakers.

Any ideas or pictures would be most welcome.

Thanks.

Troy
Virginia Beach VA

RobertMc

Agent
Troy

My HT room is actually a single garage space that was originally a carport built into the original house. At some stage, the 'carport' was enclosed with concrete blocks (as the rest of the house is constructed of these) and since we moved in, we removed the garage door and put in a sliding door and carpeted it etc.

Take a look at my HT Gallery here - The Bayview-odeon.

The room size is about 3.5m x 6.5m (11' x 21') with a 2.7m ceiling. If you want more pictures - let me know.

FYI - the TV is a 56" LG RPTV, so it is very similar in size to your set.

The room works well and besides being a good HT room, it doubles as a 'quiet' room for my son and I when needing to give Mom a rest.

Rob.

Troy Trip

Auditioning
Thanks, Rob. That gives me an idea of space and relationships. I wont be able to get real size measurements until closing on the 25th of October (a week or so away).

I have looked at theater type recliners at the Room Store and like what I see. My plans are to raise the back part of the room to allow for recliners seats that are about 8 inches higher than the main floor.

Thanks for giving me an idea.

Troy

adamcarter

Auditioning
Real Name
adamcarter
Hi,
It's a great idea. I use my carport as a sitting area for parties and in sunny winter afternoon. My cousin too rebuilt his carport into a home theatre jus like you. If I may suggest, consult http://www.classiccarports.com who can assist you the best way possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks