What's new

Convert MP3 to something playable?? (1 Viewer)

PaulDF

Second Unit
I've just spent 2 hours converting a list of mp3 files to wav. because I read somewhere that wav. files are playable on any CD player.

I burned them onto a CD but it is not playable. No sound through my CD player (and only one big long track). Won't play at all on my DVD, and through the computer it sounds warbled. I recorded it as a data CD as that was my only option.

Apparently what I read was wrong about wav files being playable on CD players. What about cda.? Is that the typical format of music CDs?

If so, is there any way to convert mp3 files back to cda.? Or what other options do I have?

signed,

Very Near Computer Illiterate

DaveVan

Grip
In your burning software, it should give an option to burn an audio cd (not a data cd), then it will automatically convert the mp3 files to cd audio tracks.

PaulDF

Second Unit
And so it does. 15 minutes later and its done! Thanks Dave. Plays on my CD, DVD, and tomorrow I'll try the truck but I'm sure it'll work there too!

So what is happening when I do this? Is it converting the files to wav.?

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
it's making a table of contents (TOC) so all CD players can read it, and yes it's making all the music files into uncompressed PCM, which is called redbook for audio cds.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Also, of note, 90% of cd burning apps will convert MP3 to PCM for you- so even when doing an audio cd, you should be able to drag and drop MP3 files into your cd layout and it will convert them for you.

Rather than doing it in 2 steps.

-V

PaulDF

Second Unit
Okay, thanks guys. I didn't think it would be such a simple process. Too bad the file size has to increase as a result.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks