Convert any TV to 100 inch?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dean L, Sep 16, 2001.

1. Dean L

Dean L Stunt Coordinator

I saw this on ebay. For $12.95 and about $20 w/of materials any TV can be converted to 100 inches.
    I know it would not hold a candle to any front projection or rear projection sets out there.
    But, has anyone tried it?
    It does sound to good to be true for me. But for a poor person on a budget w/a 27 inch TV...would it be worth it?

2. Manuel Delaflor

Manuel Delaflor Supporting Actor

I think that the image those things are able to produce is really poor, to say the least.

3. Mike Kao

Mike Kao Second Unit

that scam has been going on for years now. I almost feel for it long ago, but found REAL testimonials and even found a place on the web that had the plans for free. Needless to say the picture you would get would be horrible and I doubt it would even be worth the $20 in materials you'd pay for it.

4. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    Reversing the picture has been around for about 20 years or more. It was popular in the days when it was common that a large screen TV was 19 inches. The other big novelty was a magnifying glass that sat in front of the TV to make the image look bigger. It won't produce a quality result.