Convergence setup

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Chad Ferguson, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson Supporting Actor

I'm sorry but I don't seem to understand how it works. I go to do it manually on my Toshiba 51h84c and I have no idea what to do. I select one of the targers, and then I'm it seems to give me the option of colours or something. Could someone please just give me a basic understanding what to do? The manual is very vague on it and seems like they just want you to use the magic focus. Also, when I was using the DVE disc, it's showed how much the picture is zoomed in(5%) it seems like my TV is a little off center, is this to do with Convergence as well?
    THank you

2. SimiA

SimiA Second Unit

When I had my Tosh, the targets corresponded to the numbers on the remote. Select the target with your remote, press the up-down or left-right arrows to move the cross hairs so that you do not see a single color( red, green, or blue) jutting out from the left or right, or up or down, of each cross hair.
    The object is to get the cross hairs to look all white.
    You can switch between each color for each target, but it's been a while since I did it, so I can't remember exactly how to change the adjustment for each color for each target.
    The 5% stretch is probably due to overscan.
    Vb