What's new

convergence question (1 Viewer)

DanielM

Stunt Coordinator
I recently had a tech over to work on my tv ( warranty )
the convergence was so bad that just about everything had red or blue lines and overscan was pretty bad. he was able to fix the overscan and most of the convergence HOWEVER its still not 100% imho...for instance movie credits white text black background the text has blue haloing..an other example is the D*ll comp commercials the black text has some red haloing...the tech said this was as good as it gets and is within spec so?? is this the best Im gonna get or can it be 100% the tech did spend some time in service mode fixing the convergence so??? he also indicated that if I called the manf that they may refuse anymore work as he is reporting to them that the tv is within spec

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
It's really tough to prevent blue haloing around white objects on a CRT projection tv. It can be minimized by focusing the guns, something an ISF tech could do for you.

PatrickLG

Agent
Daniel

I think you could do a better job than a tech in hurry!!!

Get the manual to your set, study it and take a few hours with no distractions.
Unless you write to ROM you can always back off to the last convergence adjustment.

"Within spec" would not be acceptable in my book!!!
On my Hitachi manual a 6mm curve on a convergence line is spec!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks