What's new

convergence problems with JVC I'Art Pro AV-48P575 RPTV (1 Viewer)

Albert Noel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Albert Noel
i've had this set for about 3 and a half months now and overall i'm very pleased.

ever since i took delivery of it, i've been having problems with fine tuning the convergence.
basically, i watch a movie and let the set warm up properly.
when i adjust the convergence, i can usually get it looking pretty good, but it seems like the outer 3 inches all around the set are always out of focus and blurry and never really line up well. i try my best and usually get it all set fairly well, however when i press OK on the remote to save the settings everything seems to save untill i turn the set off. even if i turn it off for just 60 seconds, i have to do the fine tuning all over again.

1) is there something wrong with the internal memory? it save all other settings except the convergence settings.

2) is there any way i can gain sharpness and fine tuning around the outer 3 inches without having the set professionally calibrated or having a technition come in to service the set? (a service tech or isf calibration arent in my budget right now)

3) is there any specific way i should be doing convergence settings?
i usually do the auto convergence, then fine tune myself (48 point?) should i turn sharpness all the way up when doing it?

any help would be great

Jon_Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
My Panny RPTV does something simular, but it has to due with the set warming up. I will get my convergence good and then when I turn off my TV for a bit and turn it back on the convergence will seem a bit off. But about 10-15 minutes later, things clear up. I guess my set needs to warm up before the convergence comes to what I set it at.

Make sure you are letting your TV warm up for at least 20 minutes or longer before you try to adjust the convergence. Otherwise it will constantly seem off.

Albert Noel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Albert Noel
i usually only adjust the convergence when the set has been on for at least an hour. that should be more than enough time to warm up. the problem is that even if i shut off the tv and turn it right back on, literally 10 seconds, it's off again.

could the screen protector be throwing off my adjustments?
maybe it's not perfectly straight/level

any chance that something inside the set isnt right? like a loose gun or somehting? i'm still under warrenty, but i would love to solve this problem myself. movies that are considered referance material just never look right.

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor
Try seeing if Image Shifting in turned on.

I had a simular issue with my Panny. The picture would drift every 3-5 days and drift back again. I figured that Image Shifting was on. After it was off, the picture stopped drifting and my convergence has stayed in place.

Albert Noel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Albert Noel
how exactly do i see if image shifting is on?

ive never seen that in any of the menus

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks