Convergence Problem

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Greg.J.G, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Greg.J.G

Greg.J.G Auditioning

I recently bought a rear projection TV and today to improve the picture beyond the normal convergence I went into the service menu. I had found optimal settings posted by someone for the exact model TV, but after applying them I ended up with colored swirvy lines across the background of the screen.

I had written down the original settings and put them back but the problem remains. It looks like the grid is arched causing the problem.

Has anyone ever had this problem before?

2. Greg.J.G

Greg.J.G Auditioning

I had forgotten to turn back off one of the settings... had to do with the black level.

Does this mean that if you crank up the brightness and contrast on any RPTV you'll see those lines?

3. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

YOu cannot copy settings between TV's. It is akin to copying the combination numbers of another person's lock hoping it will unlock yours ...

Well maybe it does and maybe it does not.

Copying numbers can sometimes be harmful to the TV since not all sets start off at the same place.

Regards

4. Greg.J.G

Greg.J.G Auditioning

I agree with that. I was mainly interested in the color settings because I had a tint that I wasn't able to get rid of through the normal settings. The picture looks much, much better now.

The setting I changed was an auto black level setting I think which showed the curved colored lines across the entire screen. It had greatly increased the brightness of the background. Once I turned that back off I no longer saw the lines, which was after my first post.