Convergence or focus?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Chris_JH, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Chris_JH

Chris_JH Extra

For the past few months or so, my Mits 65819 seems to be showing the convergence as a little off, but only on "wide angle" shots (i.e. close ups look fine, but as a camera zooms out on something like a baseball game, the objects furthest away seem to have some red and blue convergence issues.....red to the right of a player uniform, blue to the left).

Im not sure its a convergence issue, as Ive tried playing with the convergence several times but it hasnt improved anything (note that this was *not* the service menu level convergence, I just used the Advanced Convergence in the TV menu). Ive cleaned the screen, and I will clean the lenses but I figured Id find out if maybe they should be focused at the same time before I open the TV up.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

-Chris

2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Say: if you're ONLY seeing this on wide angle shots, it may just be in the source. Lenses cause chromatic fringing too, and sometimes this is in the source. Check to make sure by using an artificially generated pattern which will have NO fringing, such as an internal grid or a grid from a test disc such as Avia or DVE.

3. Chris_JH

Chris_JH Extra

I guess its possible that its the source, but I wasnt thinking so because it happens on more than one source (i.e. baseball on YESHD, FoxHD, etc). To some extent it happens on SD sources too, but its not as obvious because of the lack of resolution.

-Chris