Convergence & Geometry Questions - 51SWX20B

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ImranQ, Jan 7, 2003.

1. ImranQ

ImranQ Auditioning

I did a manual convergence of my 51SWX20B last Saturday, messed up with saving to ROM but thanks to KJP and others in this News Group was bailed out and able to get things back to normal now I have some issues which I hope you guys can help me with as I am not happy with the picture now:

1) Is it possible to get back to the original convergence the set came with? Or Does writing to ROM erase factory default convergence forever? Pressing that Sky Blue reset button gives me a convergence pattern, is that the one the set came with from the factory or just the last one written to ROM?

2) Is it possible to mess up set's geometry by altering convergence? Is it possible that when I made the image sharper by converging it I accentuated the defects in geometry?

3) I am in Suburbs of Toronto, Canada so do not have ready access to Gregg or Micheal TLV to come and set up my TV. Does anyone know of any good people here in the Toronto area?

4) Is it worth getting the service Manual for my set? Would Hitachi sell this or do I need to buy it from a 3rd party?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Imran Q

2. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

considering that both gregg and myself will be in the greater Toronto area from Feb 22 to March 3 ... it is possible.

I have some slots open on the weekdays.

Regards

3. ImranQ

ImranQ Auditioning

That's great news!

Only problem is Feb 22nd to March 3rd is peak Tax Season here and I work until 8:30 pm Monday to Friday and 6 Pm Saturdays

Is a Saturday evening or Sunday appointment possible with either of you?

What would the charges be? My friend and I both picked up an 51SWX20B at the same time, December 12th, 2002 he is in Mississauga and I am in Brampton - would it be any less expensive if we both booked an appointment?

Regards/

Imran Q