What's new

Convergence driving me CRAZY (1 Viewer)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I've got a mitsu 45" RPTV (VS45603 I think, without looking) Lately the convergence has been ALL over, mostly the red, some blue, always the right 1/3rd of the picture, it varies from being a half inch off (not a problem for warmup IMO) to being 4 or 5 inches off and back and forth. A good whack on the side of the TV and it snaps right back into place.
any thoughts? I'm on a budget so hopefully I can resolve the issue myself
frown.gif

[Edited last by Philip_G on July 17, 2001 at 02:23 AM]

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I tried there.. no luck just an "oh it's normal" type of response... it's def. not normal drift as the set warms up.

Ryan Pream

Stunt Coordinator
If wacking the set effects the convergence it's definantly not normal. You could try taking the case off and "wacking" some of the wire and boards. Perhaps there is just a short somewhere. Otherwise I think you will have to take it in for service.
Ryan
------------------
[Edited last by Ryan Pream on July 17, 2001 at 08:48 PM]

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
arrrrrrrrrrgh hauling in a 150 pound TV sucks when ya don't own a pickup
frown.gif

this set has been a huge dissapointment
frown.gif

TerryBlauser

Auditioning
A whack is a fix for a mechanical problem. I really don't have specific experience in TV bits and pieces, but it sounds like a piece of hardware associated with the color CRTs has come loose. Was the set handled roughly recently? The only electrical problem that can be 'fixed' with a whack is a bad solder joint and I'd look for that last. If you feel up to attacking the internals, you need to search the forums for the advice on how to open up that set. Leave the power disconnected for at least 24 hours and then look for a loose connector, harness, magnet, color tube, etc. Nothing except long loopy stretches of wire associated with the screen area should be free to move more than 1/2 inch and at the CRTs themselves NOTHING should be free to move except the individual wires comming to the sockets.
Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks