converg/geometry nightmare with 60in Hitachi in Austin>>>

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by LanceM, Nov 26, 2001.

1. LanceM

LanceM Auditioning

Hi all. After getting ready to do my dream home theater we backed out after being halfway through building our house. I'm stuck in our apartment with our Hitachi 60EX38BA (man in 1999)rp bigscreen. It would be ok except that it belonged to my fiance's dad who foolishly believed that he could adjust the tv using the service knobs on the inside. No on screen menus here. So he proceeds to turn all of them and get them all messed up, and you can use your imagination...unwatchable to say the least; then he gave it to us totally hopelessy messed up. So now I'm stuck, I need to get this fixed before getting speakers and everything for the holidays. Anybody have any recomendations for techs in this area up to the challenge. I think it should be ok except for all adjustments being off, it has been moved a few times including an exciting trip down a staircase but it was ok before. I can't find any info on this set and I'd rather have somebody I know can fix it to do it than just call somebody randomly who will spend all afternoon only to not be able to finish it off. I don't really want to get reemed but I don't mind spending to get it corrected. Any advice of any kind would help.

Thanks

2. Allan F

Allan F Agent

Lance,

You're in Austin right? Call up the custom install department at High Fidelity and ask them if they do that or who they would recommend you call. I worked there years ago and was impressed with the competency level in the store. Good luck.

Allan

3. Hank Frankenberg

Hank Frankenberg Cinematographer

Yes Lance, call Hi-Fi Inc and tell them your story. If they don't work on Hitachi, I would trust their referral.

4. LanceM

LanceM Auditioning

Thanks guys that helps a lot.