What's new

Controlling it all from another room (1 Viewer)

Stemwinder

Auditioning
Real Name
Gary
I would like to relocate my components to another room and control them with a infrared repeater and IR emitters for each component. My Question is can I use the IR reciever on my Toshiba Plasma television to power the repeater. My television has an IR out terminal for infrared pass-through, can I connect this output directly to a IR repeater using a 3.5mm mini plug patch cable.

If this is possible could you recommend what equipment to use. Since I am a novice at this any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gary

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
There are universal remote controls which do this, and you can also get an IR extender. I don't think your TV IR repeater is set up to work this way, but I could be wrong.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
This thread has some good options. I have the Zantech system. If your infra-red pass through works like you think it does, you could opt out of the IR receiver and go straight to the power block. Otherwise, you can just get the receiver and have a working system.

Regards,
Wayne

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks