What's new

Controlling 2 VCR's of same brand (1 Viewer)

GregoriusM

Second Unit
I have a two year old Sony VCR. I would like to buy a new Sony VCR for taping TV shows, (no PVR's in Canada), but I wonder if I'd be able to control both of them separately with a remote control, in my case a universal remote control, which I would learn from the original remotes.

I'd like to keep my equipment rack looking similar, plus I've gotten great use out of my Sony.

Anyone know?

... Greg

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Bring the remote from your existing VCR tot he store and see if it will control the new VCR you want to buy. If yes, don't buy that model. You will have a problem when you get it home, inability to control the VCR's one at a time. Whether or not you use a universal remote or learning remote.
Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I doubt it. Ten years ago all Sony VCRs had provisions to separately control up to three units, but I’m pretty sure the feature was ditched by the late 90s.

As far as I know JVC is the only manufacturer to currently offer separate control of more than one VCR, and then only two.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

GregoriusM

Second Unit
Yep. I just got the final word on it from my retailer. They stopped the Sony 3-switch idea about 5 years back.

So, I guess I'll have to go to another VCR.

Thanks everyone!

... Greg :)

GregoriusM

Second Unit
Thanks, guys! I broke down and bought the end-of-line JVC 7800U S-VHS machine. It's great!

G.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks