1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Contest: Win Gunsmoke: Complete 16th and 17th Seasons

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Adam Gregorich, Jan 16, 2020.

1. The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man Producer

Robert
    You can pick up the first 12 for, say, 160 bucks. CBS shoved them into four epic pak sets. 1-4 and 5-7 are on Amazon, 8-9 and 10-12 are in Walmart.

Damn good deal.

So then your hole would've just been 13-15.

timk1041 and Flashgear like this.
  2. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Producer

Howie
    Interesting... I found the S1-4 and 5-7 sets at WM some time back (paid ~$60 for the pair) but haven't seen the others. I found the 8-9 season set on their site and used brickseek to check the local inventory (SKU 607786417) but none within 50 miles have a copy. I couldn't find the 10-12 set on WM or brickseek.

FWIW the SKU for S1-4 is 50052040 and the SKU for 5-7 is 822196946. Neither was found at any store close to me.

3. The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man Producer

Robert
    Last time I was actually in a Walmart a month or two ago, 8-9 and 10-12 were side by side on the racks. This Walmart has a medium sized DVD section, not the pitiful 1 rack one some had, but not the bigger section some stores have.

4. Harry-N

Harry-N Producer

Harry N.
    GUNSMOKE is not on my radar at all, and certainly not for any kind of three-figure purchase. But had I won the sets offered in this thread, I might have wanted more. I'm not much of a western fan, but I recall my Dad watching GUNSMOKE for most of the time it was on, so I'm at least familiar with the characters/actors/settings etc. I've seen a passing episode or two on channels like MeTV and recognize the value of the series - but it's not something I need that many seasons of.