What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

Contest: Win a copy of Terminator Dark Fate on UHD (1 Viewer)

readyplayerone

Auditioning
Real Name
Daniel Nguyen
Plan A: I'd probably run and scream first and then find, capture and reprogram a T-800 to protect me.

Plan B: Go to outer space

Jeffthemoviedude

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff
I'd fingerpop It from "It follows" then give the Terminator a Dirty Sanchez. Boom that's killing two birds with one stone.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I'm living in the Terminator worlds that never existed because they were erased by this movie, so I'm safe.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
It’s coming. Sometimes it takes a few days to pick one.

Adam Gregorich

Owner
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I was trying to stretch it a few more days.... I will have my wife (neutral party) look through for her favorite answer tonight (there are some pretty good ones!) and then draw the other. I will post winners later tonight. Any entries after this post will not be considered.

Adam Gregorich

Owner
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
The awards committee met in a secret location this evening and voted. I was handed the winners on a sticky note a few minutes ago.
[drum roll]...............[/drum roll]

Grand prize: technohobby

I'm going to layer several strategies based on what may be some weaknesses Terminators are hiding. For starters, I’ll be hidden deep in a maze of mirrors to test just how effective those futuristic sensors are at solving confounding environments. After that obstacle, I’ll have a corrosive salt pool on a path leading to me. Next on my list is a fairly fragile net that must be climbed to get to me. It won’t support any inhuman weight. I can imagine some other possible obstacles to getting close to me, but you can be sure it’ll be more sophisticated than banana peels or a sphinx with a riddle to solve.

Second prize: Jonathon P

I would spend as much time as possible at one of those skin care kiosks at the mall, biding my time.

Thousands of my dollars later (worth it), when the Terminator inevitably finds me, the salesgirl there will accost him aggressively, give him one shiny fingernail, and then basically disrupt his programming enough over the next hour to shut down all normal cognitive functions — permanently. “Yes... I think I do see a difference now after the exfoliant and LED treatment on only half of my face...”

The killer cyborg will be rendered effectively inert as it heads out of the mall with fancy-looking bags of crap in tow, mentally organizing how to pull off this new daily beauty regimen...

Honorable mention (no prize other than satisfaction): Scott M

Find a DeLorean, get in, and rev that puppy up to 88mph.

Thanks for escaping, I mean entering!

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The awards committee met in a secret location this evening and voted. I was handed the winners on a sticky note a few minutes ago.

First prize is a 4K combo with UHD, BD and Digital Copy of the film, a bag and hoodie. Second prize is a 4K combo with UHD, BD and Digital Copy. To enter tell us what you would do to avoid a Terminator if one was after you.
Winners will be drawn at random on Sunday February 2nd. In the event that there is a particular answer that is too good to pass up, HTF reserves the right to award that entry first prize and randomly draw for second prize. To enter you must be over 18 and have a US shipping address.

Not a big deal Adam, but according to the contest rules you listed in the very first post, the winners were going to be drawn at random. No mention of the answers being judged and a favorite picked. ;)

Congrats to the lucky winners BTW!

Adam Gregorich

Owner
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam

Not a big deal Adam, but according to the contest rules you listed in the very first post, the winners were going to be drawn at random. No mention of the answers being judged and a favorite picked. ;)

Congrats to the lucky winners BTW!

True. In the rules I did indicate that if there was a great answer that it could win the grand prize and the second would be randomly drawn. The awards committee felt that there were several worthy answers and they should award both prizes because of this. Considering that the committee can make my life more miserable than a Terminator, I opted to follow their lead. Appreciate your understanding! :)

PCRIDE

Agent
Real Name
Speaker
It’s like the liquidation sale at a store “EVERYTHING MUST GO, up to 50% off” then to disappointment everything is only 10% off and the shit that no one wants is marked up to 50%. Anytime someone questions a sweepstakes it’s built to be a sham to begin with.

Honestly this the WORST Internet forum I’ve seen on the internet since 1998. Little help, (thanks for the one guy that gave me a solution) and (the one of the mods that pretended to help). As they say the moderator /senior members are a branch of the same tree. I normally wouldn’t post such a harsh message and never have on any forum. I’ve seen much better and professional forums and members in the AV space that actually enjoy helping. Lots of viewers but very little contributors here. Scanning through multiple posts the tone of this board is crap! And it’s odd that only a few of the senior members post.

just delete my account into the depths of the the dbase and empty the trash.

c-ya!! adios!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJL
Recent bookmarks