What's new

Contents of "Treasures from American Film Archives" ? (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I read DVD Review's review of the set, but I have no idea of what's actually on the set.
If someone could post a list of contents or a link to one, that would be great.
Thanks ahead of time.
------------------
Visit my DVD review site, 24 fps DVD Reviews @ http://cztoondb.tripod.com/DVD/
and
The Colorized Cartoon Database @ http://cztoondb.tripod.com/

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Check out the entry over at Amazon.com. Between Amazon's reviewer, the product description, and user comments, you should get a good idea of the contents. Personally, I'm interested in buying it for Huston's The Battle of San Pietro alone! Unfortunately, I'm under the impression that there are few complete films. Mainly excerpts.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
A complete list of the contents and a brief discussion of this super set are at Digitally Obsessed.
And no, the films are nearly all full-length, not excerpts (the exceptions are indicated as 'from' in the list) But all the rest--Hell's Hinges, Battle of San Pietro, Snow White (1916), Fall of the House of Usher (1928) and others which are the most interesting contents-are presented full-length. Many of the items just have short running times. The Marian Anderson reconstruction is an excerpt simply because that's a reconstruction that is ongoing and this is how much they have completed. I know that when that's done I'll buy the DVD (presuming there is one)--fascinating historical stuff. The only excerpted item that would have been nice to have complete is the 1939 Yiddish Tevye.
------------------
"This movie has warped my fragile little mind."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks