What's new

Content Censoring DVD players (1 Viewer)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I have no kids, either, but I am well versed in children's media and education. One does not necessarily have to have kids to kn ow how to interact with them in various settings.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I've kinda jumped into this thread a little late and I'm not going to get into the copyright side of things. I do, however, see a valid market for this player outside of hands-off parenting. My college roommate is a fairly devout muslim and as part of his faith he tries his best to not view nudity in films. Being somewhat of a movie buff this often limits what he can watch and what others can watch with him. This player can evidently filter nudity without skipping scenes (through panning and cropping I assume) and without filtering language or violence. This opens up alot of films for viewing that my roommate enjoys but has chosen not to view because of nudity. At the price it's also going to probably offer a decent step up in quality for him compared to the XBox he currently uses for DVD viewing, and since it's progressive scan will also probably offer acceptable PQ when we use it on my projector in the living room.

I hope others can see the valid market placement of this product outside of censorship for children's sake and not condem all users as hands-off parents.

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
To clarify my earlier post, I am a father of a two year old little boy, and while I would not use this technology in my theater, I would definately find it useful in his (when he is old enough to know not to play frisbee with Elmo using a DVD). My wife will tell you that I can go a little overboard when protecting his innocence (but I wish I still had mine)....:)

Peace....

Dean Martin

Stunt Coordinator
What a shame, parents are legitmately looking for ways to try and clean up a movie a bit so their kids can watch and leave it to Hollywood to say it's wrong yet when these movies are released for TV they edit them much more than this machine.

Dean Martin

Stunt Coordinator
What a shame, parents are legitmately looking for ways to try and clean up a movie a bit so their kids can watch and leave it to Hollywood to say it's wrong yet when these movies are released for TV they edit them much more than this machine.

Rodney Martin

Stunt Coordinator

I really like this idea nathan, do u think it's marketable, if this player depends on files dloaded from the internet that tell it what to play, maybe we can make our own customised files.

Think of all the fine possibilities,
Fight Club with all of edwards norton's boring naration cut out.
star wars episode 1 with no jar jar or anakin.

Rodney Martin

Stunt Coordinator

I really like this idea nathan, do u think it's marketable, if this player depends on files dloaded from the internet that tell it what to play, maybe we can make our own customised files.

Think of all the fine possibilities,
Fight Club with all of edwards norton's boring naration cut out.
star wars episode 1 with no jar jar or anakin.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks