Contact Dermatitis

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Bill Cowmeadow, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Bill Cowmeadow

Bill Cowmeadow Second Unit

Two weeks ago I forgot to take my watch off when I went to bed. In the morning I noticed a large area of redness on my left lower chest area. Two days later the redness became blistered and incredibly painful. Today, two weeks later, it looks like an ulcer gone very bad, it still hurts like the dickens, but I think it's getting better. So, after 46 years, I have developed a sensitivity to nickle. The watch strap is stainless steel, but the little safety clasp is nickel. The Dr. said It will take up to 8 weeks to go away completely, and will leave a scar. He also said nickle sensitivity can be more irritating to skin than poison ivy.

Nice.

2. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Sorry to hear that Bill.

And yes, it will probably never go away anymore. So be cautious in the future.
    It's remarkable that it didn't develop on your wrist first. Probably, you layed on your arm that night and injured your skin just a little. Skin sensitivity to metals are less known and more common than you think.

Cees

3. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    Wow, I'm with Cees, I'd have thought you would have noticed it on your wrist first. Crazy!