What's new

ace peterson

Second Unit
It's been several weeks since I read the last Contact post. I remember quite a lively discussion on the chair that was built into Ellie's pod, even though the plans didn't call for it... ANyway, in watching the movie again last night I thought of an interesting point. Ellie had no proof that she had traveled anyplace (except the 18 hours of static that was recorded). However, if you look closely when she returns from her trip, it looks like her chair was laying on the floor next to Ellie. It only shows for a moment and it's in the "TV monitor" while she is saying "what day is this?" and "how long was I gone?"
Wouldn't that raise some questions from investigators?
I wonder why nobody asked why the chair was broke off and why Ellie was indeed laying on the floor herself trying to get up? She looked like she was in agony. Hrm, that just got me thinking.
Ace

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
The chair could have broke from the tremendous shaking before the pod was 'launched' and/or when it hit the net at the bottom. Hardly proof enough for skeptics that she'd been somewhere.

Perry Jonkheer

Second Unit
I for one really enjoy this film. I guess I should read the book, but the movie does not go into enough detail about believing Ellie's case. They panel really has no solid reason not to believe her since 18 hours were recorded. That would be enough proof for me and I consider myself a skeptic most of the time. I wish I could have participated in the posts weeks ago about this. I was not aware of them. However, I would like to hear what everyone else has to say about this great film. Everytime I see it I get a chill down my spine.
------------------
PJ

Rusty Ray

Second Unit
I remember hearing from a friend who had read the book that her watch was like 12 hrs off too....
------------------
"As long as you are out there, I can never be number one...."
My DVD List

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I absolutely LOVE this movie and I have read the book. The book won't tell you much more detail. In fact, the book is crammed with a lot of other stuff that I was glad got cut for the movie. I think the 18 hours of static is enough proof that she went on her journey. My wife feels they should have left that part out to leave room for interpretation. I enjoy that part because it gives me a sense of closure knowing that she did. This movie provides more religion versus science ideology than "are there aliens out there" anyway. The beauty of this movie also is the love story that takes place between two people on opposite ends of the religion spectrum. They try to be together, but fail time and again due to their beliefs; which also provides the great religion versus science ideology I was reffering to. I think the emphasis should be placed more on this rather than proof of E.T.s
my lil opinion.
------------------
"I was born to murder the world." -Nix (Lord of Illusions)
My Home Page http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Well, the fact that the government stepped in and kept the 18 hours of video static secret would be a valid reason that the panel would be skeptical. They weren't aware of the videos' existance.
As for the chair, I can go along with the investigators believing that the tremendous shaking is what jarred it loose.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

TomRS4

Stunt Coordinator
Too bad she wasn't a man, then she would have had 18 hours worth of facial hair.
------------------
Tempus Fugit

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks