Construction in progress

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Allen Ross, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Allen Ross

Allen Ross Supporting Actor

I am working on an interesting sub cab that will incorporate 4 MCM 10" drivers, you might have remembered me talking about them a few times, well i finally settled on a design, its about 2.5 cuft box, with the driver board being 24"x24", and about 13 inches deep. As of right now i am working on the driver board, and i have the sides and back all finished up i just need to biscuit them and glue them up and I will be done.

One interesting idea that i am trying to incorporate in this sub is a removable driver board, using a recessed driver board and about 15 machine screws with weather seal think i can get away with it, so maybe down the line i might make a drive board for say an AV15 which would have a nice Q of .7 in this box.

Here are some pics of the construction as it stands, i had to call it quits tonight as my friends girlfriend wasn't feeling so hot and the router and shopvac was freaking loud, oh well i will be back at it tomorrow and hopefully be done by monday.

linky

2. Chris Carswell

Chris Carswell Supporting Actor

Allen,
    How do you like that Ridgid Table Saw?
    I looked at those for my friend the day the lifetime warr sales promotion was ending, so I was sorta pressed for time. They looked really good for the $$$ but was a little ???? about the fence system. It's a double holding type (with it grabbing at the front & rear). All the better/high end fences only lock into place at the front. I probably should have told him to buy it anyway but something in the back of my head said wait.....
    Tell me you like it & have had no problems so my friend can buy it & I can feel ok :b

3. Allen Ross

its not actually my table saw, I am borrowing my friends shop for part of the construction. Although I did have to rip some MDF down using it, I made two cuts and from the limited use I had with it, it seems well worth the money he paid for it. He also got that lifetime warranty deal; basically the only reason he got the table saw. It seems really sturdy, and when running its very quite and very very smooth. If i had the cash i wouldn't mind having that table saw one bit. He also got the moveable base with it, free I think.

4. Allen Ross

Update, got the driver board done this morning, its is ungodly tight, getting the driver in, its so awesome. Well time to head home and get the rest done tonight and tomorrow.

[​IMG]

5. AlexKunec

AlexKunec Stunt Coordinator

can u send us a link the the 10" driver page on mcmelectronics.com

6. Allen Ross

Unfortunately i got the drivers on a blow out last year, and i am almost positive they aren't on the site any more.

I got the cab pretty much done and i am waiting on my PE shipment of wire and interconnects to finish this off, i also have to mess around with the T nuts on the driver board they are being slightly uncooperative at the moment so i will have to straighten them out.