CONSTANTLY changing HT equipment

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by ColinM, Jun 15, 2005.

1. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

I can't live with a set of speakers for more than a year, it seems. I don't hate any of them - at the time of purchase / listening / tweaking, they are always the best thing going.

But once I get past that point, my mind wanders. My mouse goes clicky-clicky, and suddenly I'm rushing across town, dropping coin on the next big old thing, and hastily selling what I can to make up for it, sometimes at a "profit", since most things I buy, I buy used.

I feel it's endless and will wind up with me in divorce court, or in a theater decked out with really good gear that is always about 5 years behind the SOTA. That's OK with me.

2. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

You can move to Denver, we'll buy an old missle silo and convert it into our home/HT/cult headquarters. We can allow people to visit and give up all their earthly goods for a private room with an SVS Ultra and a DLP projector. A real life is totally overrated for a fanatic...

3. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

Why would you wind up in divorce court if you are making a profit buying/selling used? I could understand if you were putting yourself in debt...

Still, try and control yourself man!![​IMG]

4. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

Wow my speakers are more than 8 years old and I have not even the slightest urge to replace them. I'm with you on the older model and used front gear though - love it. And I've gone through my fair share of the stuff only to calm down in the end.

5. DevinJC

DevinJC Stunt Coordinator

my speakers are 16 years old an the urge to replace them is driving me insane... even though I'm really pretty happy with them.

6. Todd Hochard

Todd Hochard Cinematographer

If a shopping addiction that may end with you in divorce court is "OK with you," I'd seek some help for THAT.

7. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

After you meet my wife you may see it otherwise.

8. Todd Hochard

Todd Hochard Cinematographer

Ahh... we all make poor choices from time to time. Ditch the bitch, and get the Nautilus 801s then.[​IMG]