What's new

Considering to replace my BIC F12 with a HSU VTF-1. Worth the extra 200 odd dollars? (1 Viewer)

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
I was thinking to go with a PB12 but I learned that its going to way overpower my room. So I am now considering a VTF1. I like the BIC but it doesn't give me that punch that I want. Maybe its subwoofer placement, I don't know, but I've heard that the HSU is a better subwoofer. What do you pro's suggest? I have a small room. About 17 x 14 feet. Many thanks, Ray

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I was thinking to go with a PB12 but I learned that its going to way overpower my room.
You could use ten 18" subs and if properly calibrated they would not overpower your room. You never want to push they sub to its limits since you will get major amounts of distortion. It is always good to have overhead (more sub than you need) to keep distortion to a minimum.
I don't know, but I've heard that the HSU is a better subwoofer.
Some models are better than the BIC. What is your budget? How much space are you willing to sacrifice?

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
My room is about 17x14x10 which is 2618 cubic Feet, but my room isn't rectangular because it's on the top floor of the house and on the side of the house. So my ceiling is kind of cut in half. Hard to explain. So I'd say my room is about 2000 cubic feet big. So rather small. I eMailed the guys at SVS just to see how they feel about it and Jack Gilvey from SVS contacted me back less than 24 hours later (which is today, on a friggin SUNDAY!). He said that the PB12 would be great for the room etc. The reason why I mention the PB12 right now is that it was another one of my choices but I got scared away from it, thinking that it may be overpowering my current room, BUT it would always be good to have a larger sub now, in case I'd move my equipment into our finished basement, which is MUCH larger. Hmmm... very tough Ray

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
Robert, I just bit the bullet and ordered a PB12 NSD. There is no turning back now..... Thanks for the help Ray

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Jack will never steer you wrong. He's a member here. He was very active in the old DIY section with numerous sub designs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks