What's new

Considering the RCA DTC-100 Opinions? (1 Viewer)

Michael Silla

Second Unit
I have the opportunity to pick up a used DTC-100 locally for $150. It is a well used unit that seems to not have a properly functioning Direct TV tuner. Apparently, it has no problems with OTA broadcasts which is what I want it for.

What are peoples experience with this unit? Can it properly upconvert ABC's 720p HD feed? The whole reason for this possible purchase is to watch the Superbowl in HD. I am not going to be able to return this unit if things don't work out soooo opinions, strong or otherwise, are welcome!

Michael.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
The price is right, but this units reliability has not been the best. It’s now obsolete (as are other units such as the Hughes E86), as a whole new generation of STBs has hit the marketplace (Samsung, Zenith, etc.). The newer STBs retail for aroung $700–$800, though they can be found more cheaply.

The last generation (such as the Hughes and RCA) are around $500, but can be found as low as $250, so your $150 seems like a good buy.

I’d check it out. If its working, it will probably continue to work.

These boxes only output 1080i, converting 720p (as well has Fox’s 420p) to 1080i. The newer boxes (for the most part) will output 720p as well as 1080i.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks