What's new

Considering Speaker refoaming (1 Viewer)

BradPrid

Auditioning
Hey all...

Was reading some older posts on foam kits for speakers. I have a pair of Realistic floor speakers, almost 10 years old. They were loud in the day. It would have to be _really_ loud before the auto-reset breakers would trip. Last year the foam started separating from the polyp. cones. I crazy glued is back on but hasn't been the same...they trip at nowhere near the volume I use to get.

Obviously it needs new foam, but will that solve my lower volume tripping problems you think? The cones and dust caps are in mint condition.

Thanks

John S

Senior HTF Member
Hard to say on the tripping thing, as I am not so sure it is related, I mean it could be, but it also may not be.

If you really like the speakers the way they sound in particular then it would be worth a trip to your most local speaker repair shop. It should be pretty inexpensive.

On the other hand, it is real hard for me to not just suggest replacing the speakers with something else.

10 year old radio Shack speakers you know... :)

Greg Bright

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregory Bright
Or there are several on-line outfits that sell kits so you can do it yourself for under 30 bucks. Good chance at least one of them will have what you need.

BradPrid

Auditioning
I know they are 10 year old speakers but they have served me well. They are really loud and put out decent sound.

I did find a repair place on the net that sells the kits for $18 + shipping, which is a good deal.
speakerex.com/speaker_repair.html

My plan is to get away with what I have for another couple of years and replace my HES with new equipment. :emoji_thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks