What's new

Considering a Sony VW11HT or Panny AE 100...any thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Phil

Stunt Coordinator
Chris/Trevor,

Sorry that I had to cancel....Chris thanks for your comments, sounds like you are ready for an AE-100 of your own.

Hopefully Trevor and I can get our schedules together this week.

Phil

Trevor_J

Second Unit
Phil, I may have some time tonight for a quick demo, probably around 8:00-8:30ish. I'll give you a page later this evening to let you know.

Chris, I did have my front effects on and you're right, they were doing exactly what they were designed to do which is emulate a large theater. I still haven't watched the movies you lent me since I've been so busy I was wondering if I could hold on to them a little longer. Also, if you finished watching the ones I lent you I'd be more than happy to lend you a couple more if you like.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Cool. I watched both DVD's cause I figured you'd be going away soon. I hadn't seen Memento yet and I liked it a lot. Fight Club I've already seen and it was ok too. I have a meeting downtown tonight so I can't make it. I'll check in with you before you go away :)
I think the dynamics of your setup is good due to the 5 channel amp, two subwoofers and the neat effects speakers. I am kinda envious of those effects speakers. I wish other comapnys would have those too. Are they derived from the front channels somehow? I bet the Yamaha guys were tinkering with their DSP's and realized that sound from higher up would be cool to add and so they wired front effects.

Trevor_J

Second Unit
I believe they're derived mostly of the front and some rear information as well. I'm going to miss them when I upgrade to a Rotel 1066 in mid September.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks