What's new

Consider combining forums. (1 Viewer)

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I have been wanting to say something about this, and I figure now is a good time. There are too many diffrent forums. Please consider eliminating, or combining a few of them. For example, combine the Studio Manufacturer and Wholesale Vendor Feedback forums into one single forum. Each of these usually has less than 15 topics when I go into them. There are a few others that could be eliminated. Also, consider making the forum descriptions a bit shorter. You do not have to include an example of every possible type of thread in the forum description. I used to do that at my forum, and since I have shortened them, more people tend to read them, and less topics get posted in the wrong area. Just a few suggestions.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Joshua:
Believe me the forum descriptions are the way they are because without them members will post something that we don't allow and then use those descriptions to refer to when we get on them about posting in the wrong areas, etc.
The forums will stay as they are too.
Thanks for the suggestions though.
Parker

AaronNWilson

Second Unit
What happens if you have a post and It needs the experience of a number of different sections of the HTF.
ie a post about upcoming sound formats should maybe include software and hardware guys?
Aaron

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Aaron:
What happens if you have a post and It needs the experience of a number of different sections of the HTF.
ie a post about upcoming sound formats should maybe include software and hardware guys?
Then you would post your software question in the software area and your hardware questions in the hardware area.
For example, if you are interested in the software (DVD, CD, etc.) that would be played on this unit you would post about this in the software area.
If you are interested in information about the products that are used with these upcoming sound formats then you would ask about them in hardware. That is the way that we have been doing this for about 8 years now and works just fine.
Thanks,
Parker

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Eight wonderful years....
J
{...but I've only been here for four of them.} :)

Kevin P

Screenwriter
8 years? HTF has been around that long? The web hasn't been around that long, has it? Did I hear something about HTF starting out on Delphi, I was a member on there back in '93 for a few months. Never discovered HTF though. :)
KJP

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks