Consensus for best front setup for $500-600? (Mains, Center & sub)

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by TerryC, Jun 5, 2004.

1. TerryC

TerryC Stunt Coordinator

Haven't been around in a while so I'm out of touch with the pulse of the market and can use some help to narrow down my choices.

Need a set of front bookshelf type mains and center. I remember PSB as being good and the little M40 12" Sony sub as being the hot ticket a few years back. Anything changed what are the hot tickets for people on a budget now?

Any hands down favorites I should look and/or have the boxed kits become good enough to consider? Thanks in advance! Terry

2. Leigh_M

Leigh_M Stunt Coordinator

I've just done quite a bit of shopping in this price range. I went with used equipment to get the most bang for my $. A couple options I found in this price range:

Axiom M3ti and VP100
    Energy C1 and C-C1
    Boston CR75 or CR85 with CRC

Any of these matched with Dayton 10" sub would be a nice set-up. I ended up finding the Axiom set-up for about $330.

3. Tim Stumpf

Tim Stumpf Stunt Coordinator

You'll also see some posts on thest boards on Fluance products. They sell a complete system in your price range that people seem to like. The dayton sub is nice for the dollar. I have one.

4. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Paradigm would also be an excellent choice here, performance series across the front. Monitors would be better, but would push the budget without a sub.