What's new

Pre-Order Conquest of Space (1955) / I Married A Monster From Outer Space (1958) (Blu-ray Double Feature) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81Yx1UahVuL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Burned again... I'd purchased Imprint's BR release of I Married a Monster from Outer Space some time back and have been looking at their BR release of Conquest of Space as well... (both are region free in spite of what Amazon thinks)

At least I *have* watched the Imprint I Married... so it won't be like it's sitting there still in shrink.

I'll still likely go with the Imprint of Conquest... solely to not have a duplicate of I Married... to sell off. The price will be roughly the same either way and I'd bet the transfers Shout! uses are identical to those used for the Imprint releases.

For a change, Shout! prices this 2-fer rather reasonably - a price that'd make it a day-of-release purchase if I didn't already own one of the included titles.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Burned again... I'd purchased Imprint's BR release of I Married a Monster from Outer Space some time back and have been looking at their BR release of Conquest of Space as well... (both are region free in spite of what Amazon thinks)

At least I *have* watched the Imprint I Married... so it won't be like it's sitting there still in shrink.

I'll still likely go with the Imprint of Conquest... solely to not have a duplicate of I Married... to sell off. The price will be roughly the same either way and I'd bet the transfers Shout! uses are identical to those used for the Imprint releases.

For a change, Shout! prices this 2-fer rather reasonably - a price that'd make it a day-of-release purchase if I didn't already own one of the included titles.
Yeah I have been passing on most of the Imprint releases for two reasons:
1. Price
2. Most seem to be coming out at a much lower price later from either Kino or Shout.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Two films on one disk? Seems expensive for a blu ray. I am satisfied with iTunes version of "Monster "

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Yeah I have been passing on most of the Imprint releases for two reasons:
1. Price
2. Most seem to be coming out at a much lower price later from either Kino or Shout.
I mitigate the price issue a bit by waiting for sales. IIRC I paid ~$20 for I Married... because of that. BUT - I'm impatient for those that are favorites and appear to be less likely to see "official" US releases.

You'd think that by now I'd just be more patient and wait for the US release of Imprint titles that are likely coming... At least Imprint typically does a very good job on their releases.

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
When we watched a friend's DVD (I forget which version) a few years back I noticed its fades and dissolves used full-shot optical dupes for surrounding footage, a la Giant. Some were quite lengthy.

By the way, how did this Paramount feature get onto a Warner Archive DVD some years back?

Last edited:

cineescape

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
gregory

I'll still likely go with the Imprint of Conquest...

I bought both titles from imprint and that are nicely done editions, so even if offered by shout, for me...too llittle too late. But for others...go for it!!

I had bought the Imprint Conquest of Space too!
Hi Guys, as I haven't yet jumped on either BD release, and since there's still no published reviews on the ShoutFactory isssue, I'm hoping for any comparisons from those who have both.

Sound quality?? Might one seem to have more dynamics (less applied compression) and/or wider frequency response?

ALSO, for those who have Oppo and/or Pioneer Elite BD players, please press the zoom button on your remote to check if which if any of those BDs have zoom control enabled. I really love zooming in on select scenes with my Pioneer LX500 player.

I also have and love my Oppo 95 player. All Oppo BD players have zoom, but unfortunately the designers made the incredibly dumb mistake of failing to enable the up/down and sideways remote buttons to let you center the zoomed image on the screen!

But as long as you can simply zoom in on the ScreamFactory “I Married” (doubtful) or the Imprint (maybe?) edition that’s all I need to know to go for the zoom enabled release if there is one. :)

Last edited:

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I too jumped at the Imprint titles, and frankly have no issues with them, I had earlier bought the German Conquest of Space BD Media Book because at the time No One was offering it, and they did a wonderful job, however the Inprint is a cleaner edition...

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I have a problem with both films, especially Conquest, The SD was crappy and sos the BD. IMAMFOS was just as good as the BD.,,wasted my hard earned money!

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Laying out by the pool (85) and outside is 90..,perfect!

Drinking Platimum 8% seltzer…and listening to the Bryds greatest hits..,how great is that!

cineescape

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
gregory
Does anyone here own an Oppo and/or Pioneer BD player? If so, please see if your player's zoom control works with either the ShoutFactory and/or Imprint BD editions of IMAMFOS. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks