What's new

Connery in next Bond? (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I heard a rumour that Connery might play Brosnan's father in the next Bond film. I also heard he might play the bad guy.
I'd rather see him play the father, and an ex-spy.
Anyone hear this?

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Yeah, I heard this...several years ago when Roger Moore was still playing Bond. There was a rumour at that time that Connery would come on to play the bad guy. Turns out, he played Bond again instead, with a bad toupee, in Never Say Never Again.
About a year ago there was also a rumour that Connery (now in his 70s) would play Bond one more time and that never panned out either.
------------------
RainHTFpic.jpg

"People always clap for the wrong things." - The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Anyone in the Vancouver, BC area interested in meeting up? If so, click here.
Please sign the online petition against Warner Brothers' recent non-OAR releases. Click here.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
Bonds parents were killed in a mountain climbing accident when he was young. I think this was mention by Alec in Goldeneye. Anyway, he mentioned they were dead, if not how.
I think Connery would make a great villian, but having him play Bonds father/uncle/mentor/whatever would be kind of hokey and too much of an Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade rip-off (if they did this, you know the script would have all kinds of bickering just like with Indy and his father).

bill lopez

Second Unit
Connery played Indiana Jones father as a WUSS!
And remember he played a bad guy in THE AVENGERS spy movie and that performance was a dud. His best acting days are behind him.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Actually, if you look closely, Connery didn't wear a hair piece as Bond until Goldfinger onward. If you look closely, his hair looked real in Dr. No and From Russia with Love. Particularly, in Dr. No, his hair gets wet and he tosses it back. Also, in Marnie made in 1964 right before Goldfinger, his hairline is higher then it is in Goldfinger.
Just my observation... :)
Nelson
[Edited last by Nelson Au on September 06, 2001 at 01:08 AM]

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
How about this? Get Connery, Moore, Lazenby and Dalton to team up as the bad guys, all ex-agents for Her Majesty's Secret Service that want to rule the world. Ya think?
laugh.gif

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Timothy Dalton was a fantastic villain in 'The Rocketeer'.
Pierce Brosnan was effective as a cold blooded Russian agent in The Fourth Protocol.
Sean Connery was terrible in the dire 'The Avengers'.
Roger Moore, I'm not sure has he ever played a villain?
George Lazenby was a Bondian villain in 'The Man from Hong Kong' (1975) starring Jimmy Wang Yu. I saw this movie a number of times in the cinema back than and have never seen it since.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Nelson, Gary is correct. It's no secret that Connery wore a toupee each time he played James Bond. Connery tried to persuade the producers to allow him to play Bond sans toupee in Never Say Never Again but they obviously didn't agree.
There is probably very little chance that Connery will be in the next Bond film. I don't know the reasons, but he did have a falling out with the Broccolis over the years. He is conspicuously absent from most of the interview segments on the Bond DVDs.
[Edited last by Tom_G on September 09, 2001 at 09:28 PM]

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Tom-
You guys are probably right about Connery's hair. I was just making my comments based on observations of the many times I viewed the films and picked up on the changing hairline of his caused from the hairpieces from film to film. I think his most blatant continuity break of hair is Thunderball.
I did hear of his comment that he went bald very young.

Ben_J_L

Stunt Coordinator
So is there any news on who is playing the bad guy in the next film?
I heard Kevin Spacey was mentioned, i'd like to see Gary Oldman.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks