What's new

Connecxting my new receiever and DVD player (1 Viewer)

HowardPM

Agent
Real Name
Howard
Well just got my Panasonic SA-HE100 in the mail and Im trying to hook everything up. There sure is a lot more connectors then my old kenwood. Anyways how does a DVD connection work with S-Video? Do I take the Svideo comming from the TV and go into the receiever then the receiver into the DVD player. Or do I just go from the TV to the DVD player like I had before. The reason I ask is because there seems to be a Svideo TV in an Svideo DVD in and a Svideo monitor out.

Thanks in advance.

Cire

Stunt Coordinator
hi there Howard.. so, how did you connect your dvd to your old kenwood? you could use the same setup except that you will now be using S-Video..
it really depends on you if you'd like to connect it directly to the tv or if you'd like to have the signal go through the receiver.. both ways will work..
some would connect the dvd directly to the tv so as to make the shortest connection possible, at the same time avoiding additional noise that might be injected if it goes through the tv..
but if you'd like to access the on screen menus, then route it via the receiver.. hope that helps.. :)

HowardPM

Agent
Real Name
Howard
Hi,
Before I just had an Svideo cable going from my TV to my DVD player, and basically when I wanted to watch a DVD, I had to turn the TV to DVD mode to get a picture then the receiver to DVD mode to get sound.
With this new one it looks like with the SVideo going from the DVD to the receiever (dvd in) and then then an SVIDEO going from the receiver (monitor out) to the TV. I have to turn the receiever to DVD mode plus the TV to dvd mode, but unless the receiever is on DVD mode the picture won't display on the TV. (hope that made sense). Basically I'm trying to figure out what is the best set up quality/sound wise.
Also trying to figure out this VCR connection. Should I just plug the 1 video and 2 audio cables directly into the TV like I had them before or should I put them into the receiver.
This just gets more confusing. :)
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks