connections

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by BillDo, Jan 9, 2004.

1. BillDo

BillDo Auditioning

I am in the process of putting this together and need help. I am very new to this and not really literate about electronics. I have a RCA Home Theater TV , RCA Dolby Prologic Amp,Sony SLV-N500 VCR , And Toshiba SD-K260 DVD player. How do I connect the VCR and DVD to this system? Thanks for any help.

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Bill,

Since your receiver is a Dolby Pro-Logic model, you will not be able to get 5.1 Dolby Digital sound from your DVD player.

To connect your DVD player and VCR to the system, all you need to do is to is run cables from the yellow, red and white RCA jacks to an input on the receiver that is designated for "Video" use - i.e., "VCR," "Video 1," etc.

For more information you might want to take a look at Bob McElfresh's thread on system connections. Hit your browser's "Back" button and look for it at the top of the thread listings.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

3. EduardoBonifaz

EduardoBonifaz Stunt Coordinator

4. BillDo

BillDo Auditioning

Thanks to Wayne , Eduardo and Bob for their assistance in fixing my connection problem. Bob's hook-up guidelines helped immensely. Thanks again...........Bill