Connections between BFD and Crown Amp?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jeff lam, Feb 19, 2002.

1. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    Just picked up a Crown CE1000 Amp for my sub allong with a BFD to EQ it. Now what I'm needing is either a good quality XLR cable, or 1/4" cable to run from each output channel from the BFD to the Amp. I figure there is no sense in getting a RCA cable and 4 RCA-1/4" adapters. May as well just run XLR or 1/4" right? So anyway, can someone recommend me a good quality 1/4" or XLR cable to complete these connections?

BTW, can I use the XLR outputs if I use 1/4" inputs to the BFD? Will the signal pass through to both the 1/4" and XLR outputs?

Thanks!

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Jeff,

You can get decent XLR or ¼” cables at the same guitar shop you bought the gear from. XLR cables are typically called “mic cables” in those places, and the ¼” cables are called “guitar cables.” Any they have will be better than what Radio Shack sells and will work fine for your application; but if you’re really concerned about the quality, get their better grade (read more expensive) cables. Believe it or not, you can even find Monster peddling their high-priced wares in many of these shops.

3. Brandon B

Brandon B Second Unit

On my crown amps the 1/4" (TRS) and XLR are both balanced inputs. Only the 1/4" is set up to allow unbalanced (TS) also, however.

BB