1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Connections between BFD and Crown Amp?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jeff lam, Feb 19, 2002.

1. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    Just picked up a Crown CE1000 Amp for my sub allong with a BFD to EQ it. Now what I'm needing is either a good quality XLR cable, or 1/4" cable to run from each output channel from the BFD to the Amp. I figure there is no sense in getting a RCA cable and 4 RCA-1/4" adapters. May as well just run XLR or 1/4" right? So anyway, can someone recommend me a good quality 1/4" or XLR cable to complete these connections?

BTW, can I use the XLR outputs if I use 1/4" inputs to the BFD? Will the signal pass through to both the 1/4" and XLR outputs?

Thanks!

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Jeff,

You can get decent XLR or ¼” cables at the same guitar shop you bought the gear from. XLR cables are typically called “mic cables” in those places, and the ¼” cables are called “guitar cables.” Any they have will be better than what Radio Shack sells and will work fine for your application; but if you’re really concerned about the quality, get their better grade (read more expensive) cables. Believe it or not, you can even find Monster peddling their high-priced wares in many of these shops.

3. Brandon B

Brandon B Second Unit

On my crown amps the 1/4" (TRS) and XLR are both balanced inputs. Only the 1/4" is set up to allow unbalanced (TS) also, however.

BB