1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Connection to Perpetual Technologies P1A

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Wynda, Jul 27, 2001.

1. Wynda

Wynda Auditioning

Hello to all:
    The question I have probably has been addressed indirectly in the past. And it involves the following:
    I currently own the Perpetual Technologies P3A and would be interested in acquiring the P1A in the near future. My SONY ES CD player (XA20ES) only has a toslink output. Unfortunately, the P1A does not have a toslink input. Several options are out there: Monarchy DIP, HOSA, Midiman converters. An alternative is to have someone modify my CD player's digital output (converting it to a coaxial output). Which would be a better option in terms of musical fidelity? I do understand the cost differences. Thanx in advance.

2. PomingF

PomingF Second Unit

I think forumer Phil Rose uses the HOSA unit but you may want to do a search under his username and send him a message. Have fun with the PT's. They are worth the $$$ many times over. Btw, are you planning for the MSP3 & Dan Wright mod?
    P.S. Phil has a fairly long post about the PT's on HTT & I am sure there's where he talks about his connections. Go there & search.
    PF
    [Edited last by PomingF on July 27, 2001 at 07:58 AM]