Connection to Perpetual Technologies P1A

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Wynda, Jul 27, 2001.

1. Wynda

Wynda Auditioning

Hello to all:
    The question I have probably has been addressed indirectly in the past. And it involves the following:
    I currently own the Perpetual Technologies P3A and would be interested in acquiring the P1A in the near future. My SONY ES CD player (XA20ES) only has a toslink output. Unfortunately, the P1A does not have a toslink input. Several options are out there: Monarchy DIP, HOSA, Midiman converters. An alternative is to have someone modify my CD player's digital output (converting it to a coaxial output). Which would be a better option in terms of musical fidelity? I do understand the cost differences. Thanx in advance.

2. PomingF

PomingF Second Unit

I think forumer Phil Rose uses the HOSA unit but you may want to do a search under his username and send him a message. Have fun with the PT's. They are worth the $$$ many times over. Btw, are you planning for the MSP3 & Dan Wright mod?
    P.S. Phil has a fairly long post about the PT's on HTT & I am sure there's where he talks about his connections. Go there & search.
    PF
    [Edited last by PomingF on July 27, 2001 at 07:58 AM]