Connection question

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Kevin*H, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Kevin*H

Kevin*H Stunt Coordinator

I currently have cable and satellite programing, cable because of interference from a radio transmitter makes over the air reception impossible. I have my cable going through my VCR and the VCR audio and video going through my receiver what I want to know is that as I now get my local channels via my satellite will I still be able to use my VCR with a satellite only programing

2. Allan Jayne

Allan Jayne Cinematographer

Yes you can.

You can feed composite video from the satellite receiver to the VCR video and audio ins and connect channel 3/4 RF feed from the cable box to the VCR antenna in. Or vice versa. Or use an RF switch box if both the sat. receiver and cable box deliver only RF. Or use an A/V switch box if both the sat. receiver and cable box deliver composite video.

In all the above instances the VCR video and audio out remain connected to your receiver as you have it now.

In addition VCR's are inexpensive enough these days you can have two of them, one for the sat. feed and the other for the cable feed. You will need two input slots on your receiver to accommodate them.

Video hints:
    http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm