What's new

connection problems (1 Viewer)

JamesSco

Auditioning
I am trying to connect the following: Marantz SR7000, Explorer 8300HD DVR cable box, and Mitsubishi WD52525 but I just don't get how to set it all up. I don't understand how to connect the digital audio output from TV to Marantz. The cable box is connected via HDMI,but I'm unable to get surround sound, only stereo. The initial set-up instructions have me select the TV input on the Marantz, but doesn't really explain that step and how to then select the digital input. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
It could be the settings in your cable box or tv. Make sure that your cable box is set up to output bitstream or digital, not pcm or stereo. Ditto for your tv. Since you mentioned the digital audio output from your tv, I assume you are using it -- coaxial digital or digital optical -- and not the analog output (red/white) jacks. Make sure your receiver is set to auto detect when it is receiving a digital signal. Make sure that what you are trying to watch does have digital audio. Some HD programs, e.g. Without a Trace, Two and a Half Men, etc., only use a stereo audio track. Lastly, as a troubleshoot, try hooking a digital audio connection directly from your cable box to the receiver. The cable box should output audio via both the hdmi and the digital audio simultaneously. If you can get 5.1 that way, it would rule out a problem with the box/receiver and let you know it is a setting/problem with the tv.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks